|Rescue Me ID: 17-01-01-00082Suzi (female)|
Bluetick Coonhound Mix Age: Young Adult
|Compatibility:|| Good with Most Dogs, Good with Kids and Adults |
|Personality:|| Average Energy, Average Temperament |
|Health:|| Spayed, Vaccinations Current | Suzi is a 3-year-old blue tick coonhound mix with the perfect disposition. She absolutely adores people of all ages and will always choose to be laying close to people if given the option. Suzi is extremely mellow and is one of the quietest hounds you will ever meet. She rarely barks, even when the neighbor dogs are barking at her. Her favorite things are going on walks and car rides, and while walking wants to say hello to anyone along her route. She can pull on her leash, but generally adjusts her excitement to the person holding the leash and allows her 6-year-old foster sister to walk her. She is extremely smart, figuring out the ... (Read More)dog door in her foster home in just a few minutes and will kennel herself in the mornings when her foster family picks up their bags to go to work and school. Suzi can be trusted to be out during the day at home, but her foster family generally kennels her while away, just in case the kids have left some food out where she can reach it. She is perfectly housebroken and while she is dog door trained, she will also go to the door and wait to be let out when a dog door is not available. She adores the other dog in her foster home and does well with most other dogs as long as she has a proper introduction. Suzi ignores the kitties at the pet store for adoption, but was a little too interested in the one she met face to face, so she would be better in a feline free home. When she first arrived from the shelter, she showed some food aggression with the other dog in the house, but that has faded away over time and has become a non-issue in her foster home. She has never shown any human aggression, even around food and has young children in her foster home. Suzi does have some severe allergies that are currently being managed through prescription dog food and medications. She arrived with skin and ear infections and her skin is now totally healed with her hair growing back in where needed. Her dog food is readily available and is being purchased from an online supplier for about $80 for a 6-week supply. 99% of the time, you can simply put her pill in her bowl with her dry dog food and she will take it without issue. The other 1% of the time, she will eat it from her foster mom's hand with about 5 pieces of dry dog food-it is amazing. Her daily pills cost about $80.00 a month, with occasional rebate offers available. She is spayed, HW- and current on vaccinations. Suzi is such an extraordinary dog that deserves to be in a forever home of her own where she is loved and cared for. If you are interested in Suzi, please fill out and adoption application at www.bassetandbeagle.org (Less) Adoption Fee: $175.00 Animal Location:
Basset and Beagle Rescue of the Heartland
Douglas County Omaha, NE MAP IT!